Power Generation Mechanic III
In this hands-on role, it will be incumbent upon you to perform regularly scheduled maintenance, diagnostic procedures, heavy line and light line repairs, generator start up capabilities and portable tie in of rental units. In addition, expert knowledge in generator control systems, transfer switch functions, and switchgear is required as a level III technician.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Changing oil and filters on power generators and fire pumps
• Documenting additional maintenance requirements for customer equipment and discussing solutions with our customers
• Gathering information on any needed repairs to present customer with a quotation
• Documenting all tests and findings from the 85-point inspection, discussing with the customer, and obtaining their signature
• Filling out all tasks that are performed on the Service Repair Work Orders, discussing with the customer, and obtaining their signature
• Interfacing with the Parts department if needed for materials for work orders
• Reporting work progress to the Service Writer on a regular basis
• Submitting completed and accurate expense and Field Service Reports on a timely basis
• Submitting all paperwork on a timely basis
• Maintaining compliance with all applicable safety and environmental policies and procedures
• Ensuring assigned company vehicle is properly cleaned and maintained
• Collecting all waste created on customer location and properly disposing of it at our company disposal site
• Returning all unused parts and lubricants to the Parts department for credit
• Accountability in maintaining company provided vehicle in cleanliness, operation, and upkeep.
• Ability to maintain a driving record capable of maintaining a Class C license
• Acquire and maintain Hazardous Materials endorsement through the California Department of Motor Vehicles and abstain to all laws pertaining to HazMat requirements for the State of California
• Coordinating with Preventive Maintenance Closer to update and schedule all site specific training
• Ability and experience performing generator start-ups, processes and procedures and training experience to the customer
• Expert in diagnosing and evaluation of generators, switchgear, ATS units, and controls. To also include any sub systems related to generator and ability to understand relationship to entire operation
• Generator rental tie in experience and knowledge
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma, or general education degree (GED), or three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver’s license and clean Motor Vehicle Record
• Must be able to pass drug screen testing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Familiarity with Great Plains and Wennsoft software preferred.
• Professional personal presentation
• Ability to interface with co-workers and customers
• Utilize safety equipment in shop and field environments
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive pay, depending on experience, and medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.