SERVICE TECHNICIAN LEVEL II
This position is responsible for performing power generation equipment preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, diagnostic procedures, heavy line and light line repairs, and minor generator start-ups. This position is a hands-on maintenance of our customer’s and the company’s power generation equipment to support all aspects of the service and parts departments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including the following.
• Prepare written estimates for recommended corrective repairs noted during service calls and submit to Service Admin.
• Assist other technicians, customers, dealers with technical support in person or in the field.
• Display the ability to apply knowledge from past jobs to complete more complex jobs in the future.
• Carry out instructions in written, or diagram form.
• Perform problem solving and make logical decisions.
• Transport parts and tools to worksites.
• Perform diagnostic testing, pulling cable, caring tools and other items.
• Clearly and concisely document all work and repairs completed by following all documentations procedures as instructed
• Assist in preparing procedures and documentation required to perform tasks
• Assist in instructing other technicians in performing repairs as required
• Communicate with customers and dealers in the support of generator troubleshooting
• Follow all safety requirements, including the use of personal protective equipment.
• Other duties as required
• 3+ year’s related experience
• Knowledge of Kohler Generator & Controls and Industrial ATS training preferred.
• Be available to respond to any emergency calls 24/7
• Proficient in MS Office products.
• Provide and maintain own hand tools and meters required to perform basis job functions
• Clean driving record
• Demonstrate ability to travel as required
• Display ability to follow instructions and work well with virtually no supervision.